DANA POINT, CA – American Historic Inns, Inc. (AHI), publisher of more than 2.7 million guidebooks and parent company to iLoveInns.com, an award-winning Web site, has announced the 2009 Top 10 Romantic Inns – the most coveted bed and breakfast award of the year. This is the 16th straight year that this prestigious award has been given.
The staff at iLoveInns.com spends countless hours with inns, innkeepers, guests, and travel writers researching and interviewing on the road, on the phone, and on the Web.
“Each year we pour our hearts into finding the Top 10 Romantic Inns,” said AHI president Deborah Sakach, “and each year we are so excited with the unique selection of exceptional B&Bs and country inns across America. This award recognizes the outstanding efforts of innkeepers who understand the remarkable restorative aspects of a romantic environment created specifically for couples.”
The 2009 Top 10 Romantic Inns have been carefully selected for overall romantic attributes that include scenic setting and location, interior beauty and design, subtle yet personable hospitality, pampering amenities, and creative activities.
2009 Top 10 Romantic Inns
– MacCallum House Inn – Mendocino, California
– Highland Haven Creekside Inn – Evergreen, Colorado
– The Towers Bed & Breakfast – Milford, Delaware
– Port d’Hiver Bed and Breakfast – Melbourne Beach, Florida
– Carriage House at the Harbor – South Haven, Michigan
– Fleur-de-Lys Mansion – St. Louis, Missouri
– The Edward Harris House Bed & Breakfast Inn – Rochester, New York
– The Inn & Spa at Intercourse Village – Intercourse, Pennsylvania
– French Quarter Inn – Charleston, South Carolina
– Inn at Warner Hall – Gloucester, Virginia
The 2009 Top 10 Romantic Inns offer a variety of romantic getaways. Couples can choose from countryside manors to urban mansions. Activities include culinary workshops, hot-air balloon rides, horse-drawn carriage rides, wine and limousine tours, or taking in a breathtaking sunset while horseback riding on the beach. Each innkeeper is happy to design a unique, one-of-a-kind experience.
If your favorite romantic inn didn’t make this year’s Top 10 Romantic, nominate your choice for our new Guests’ Choice awards to be announced this summer. Go to your favorite romantic bed and breakfast on http://www.iloveinns.com/ and write a review with “Romantic in the title and the inn will be entered.